NAFRI Stratgic Plan
NAFRI has developed a number of strategic plans to guide and focus its work (see below for previous strategic plans). In 2007, in response to the restructuring and policy changes within MAF, NAFRI updated and revised its own strategic plan to better align its work to the new policy directives from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, rapid changes taking place in the country and in response to its own restructuring.
The purpose of this NAFRI strategy is to better define and articulate how NAFRI intends to carry out "research for development" and achieve the goals of MAF in an efficient and effective manner. The strategy defines a series of programs, sub-programs and research priorities as well as the different approaches NAFRI will use to implement research. It should be recognized that this strategy is not fixed, but rather dynamic and will be gradually updated along with the changing policy focus of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and meet arising needs of the society.
This new strategy recognizes NAFRI’s changing roles and focuses on three interlinked areas: improving efficiency in agriculture production, improving land use and land management processes and feeding back the impacts of rapid agrarian change to policy makers at different levels.
The program has also identified 5 key research programmes to guides its work
- Maximizing return per land unit through productivity improvement
- Improving land use planning and management procedures
- Improving enabling environment and mechanisms to support agriculture and forestry production for increased land use effectiveness
- Marketing and quality requirements for agriculture and forestry products
- Sustainable management, utilization and conservation of natural resources
Download the NAFRI strategic plan 2007-2012
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated (Friday, 26 June 2009 11:28)